Saturday, October 30, 2010

Expresso Yo Self - Sophisticated Cupcakes

Expresso Yo Self Cupcakes
Sure, the pumpkin cupcakes were great, and really quite sexy, with their secret little dark space of scrumptiousness all hidden from the lips until the first bite was taken.  However, these cupcakes are absolutely to die for, and they please perhaps on more levels than the pumpkin cupcakes.  This is because they have a level of savoriness to add to the richness of the icing and the, well, cakiness of the cake.

I made these last week for a friend who hosted a soiree for friends and a few members of our symphony who sang and performed a bit.

I bought the Hazelnut Butter at Food Fight Grocery when I visited in Portland a month ago - lord knows it would not be available here in Bumbershoot, Alaska.  But that's ok, because freeways and serial killers aren't available here, either.

Seriously, the addition of a savory touch to a cupcake or any cake is the way to go, in my opinion.  Otherwise things tend to get too overwhelmingly sweet and cloying - kind of like that big bosomed aunt who would bury your face in her chest and suffocate you with talc powder when you were young - oh wait, that's me!

The recipe for the cupcakes, icing and Hazelnut Mousse is on my Fat Ass Recipes page.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those look amazing, and having tasted many of your cupcake recipes, I know they tasted even better! Very happy for us to have this access to your fab recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! I will be posting the chili and the corn muffin recipe I told you about in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete